Piaggio Vespa 946 Review
The iconic Vespa is a most famous scooter with power of Italian creativity and technology. The Vespa 946 scooter is the most luxurious, widely admired model in vespa range. Piaggio showcased the Vespa 946 at the 2014 Auto Expo, Delhi.
The scooter will be available in India via the CBU route and cost high. The price according to conversion cost nearly 8 lakh, but chances of launching low cost 125cc model around 2 lakh in India.
Looks and Style
The body of Piaggio Vespa 946 made of sheet steel with aluminium elements. It is extremely attractive and eye catching. The floating seats is the biggest appealing factor. Vespa 946 also gets LED headlamps and tail lamps along with an LCD instrument cluster. Piaggio has already started taking bookings of the Vespa 946.
Key Technical Specifications
- 125cc or 150cc four stroke-fuel injected engine options
- 125.00 cc Single-cylinder 4-stroke engine engine for India
- Self / Kick start options
- 11.7 hp at 8250 rpm power
- 10.3 Nm torque at 7000 rpm torque
- ABS, traction control
- 55 km per litre Mileage
- Disc brakes at both the front and rear
Engine, Gears and Performance
Powering the Piaggio Vespa 946 is a 125 cc 3V engine. The engine features electronic injection system. This can churns out 11.7 HP power and 10.3 Nm torque on ride. It is mated with automatic gears. The scooter ensures good fuel consumption on ride.
Special Options in Piaggio Vespa 946
- Monocoque structure with welded steel and aluminium body
- More modern, light and aerodynamic
- Full LCD dashboard
- Electronic injection engine
- Newly designed digital meter
- ABS, Electronic traction control ASR
- LED headlight and indicators
Safety and Comfort Features
For safety of rider and passenger the Piaggio Vespa 946 features ASR electronic traction control. It is equipped with Large 12-inch wheels and dual disc brakes. Safety is well assured in Vespa with traction control system, Anti-Slip Regulator (ASR), front and rear disc brakes and ABS.