KTM RC 200 Review
Bajaj is ready to launch its much awaiting super sports bikes in India. These are the famous naked bikes – KTM RC 390 and RC 200 for Indian youth at an affordable price. The bike spotted undergoing road test and it is well known and famous. The launch may happen soon around this September 2014. KTM RC 390 and RC 200 bike showcased at the 2014 Auto Expo event in Delhi.
What is special?
- Stylish twin projector headlamp design with LED DRLs
- Redesigned fuel tank, tail section
- New side mirrors
- Integrated turn indicators
- Aerodynamic body design for top speed
- Clip-on handlebars
- Revised foot pegs (forged instead of cast)
- Hiigher seat position
- Sorter wheelbase for more track focused riding
- Redesigned 9.5-litre steel fuel tank
KTM RC 200 Price in India: Rs. 1.86 lakhs (on-road Mumbai)
Engine, Gears and Performance
KTM RC 200 packed with 199.5 cc 1-cylinder 4-stroke engine, spark-ignition engine. It churns out 25.47 Bhp power and 19.2 Nm torque on ride. Engine mated with 6 Speed manual gears transmission. It also gets Clutch in oil bath.
RC 200 is the full-faired sportier version of the Duke 200. KTM RC 200 offers 72 x 49 mm bore and stroke and packed with Tubular space frame made from steel, powder-coated chassis. The bike comes with Liquid Cooling engine. It can reach 0-100 km/hr sprint in 9.3 seconds.
Dimensions and Features
It measures 178.50 mm ground clearance and 1340.00 mm Wheelbase. There is also 10.00 litres Fuel Tank. The bike features Stand Alarm, Self Start, Step-up Seat, Pass-light etc. It is available in Black/White color options.
137.50 kg is the kerb weight of KTM RC 200. The bike gets Fully digital instrument console, Low Fuel, oil and battery Indicator, Alloys, Maintenance Free battery etc. There is also options like Tubeless Tyres, Passenger Footrest too.
Brakes and Suspension
Suspension used is, WP Suspension 4357 front suspension and WP Suspension 4618 EM rear suspension. It gets 300mm Disc brakes in front and 230mm disc brakes at rear. There is no ABS option in KTM RC 200.
KTM RC 200 Technical Specifications
- 199.5 cc 1-cylinder 4-stroke engine, spark-ignition engine
- 25.47 Bhp power
- 19.2 Nm torque
- 6 Speed manual gears transmission
- Clutch in oil bath
- 72 x 49 mm bore and stroke
- Tubular space frame made from steel, powder-coated chassis
- Liquid Cooling engine
- 178.50 mm ground clearance
- 1340.00 mm Wheelbase
- 10.00 litres Fuel Tank
- 137.50 kg kerb weight
- Fully digital instrument console
- Low Fuel, oil and battery Indicator
- Alloys, Maintenance Free battery
- Tubeless Tyres, Passenger Footrest
- WP Suspension 4357 front suspension
- WP Suspension 4618 EM rear suspension
- 300mm Disc brakes in front
- 230mm disc brakes at rear
- Stand Alarm, Self Start
- Step-up Seat, Pass-light
- Black/White color options
KTM RC 200 Price in India: Rs. 1.60 lakh (Ex-showroom Delhi)
Updated on 09 Sep 2014
KTM’s highly anticipated supersport motorcycles the KTM RC 390 and KTM RC 200 launched in India. KTM RC 390 priced at Rs 2.05 lakh and RC200 at Rs 1.60 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). These are the faired versions of the Duke 200 and 390 respectively and more heavier than siblings. The weight contributes to the additional weight of the stylish new fairing and lights.