2015 Indian Roadmaster Luxury Cruiser Review
Indian Roadmaster is a great luxury cruiser type bike from Indian. It is an American brand of motorcycles well known for their luxury bikes. Well modified and updated version of Indian Roadmaster unveiled recently. The bike is expected to be launched in India around end of 2014 or early 2015.
- Best for two-passenger touring comfort
- Wide stepped seat
- Adjustable airflow lower fairings with storage
- Genuine Leather heated seats with individual controls
- Enhanced rider leg room
- Adjustable passenger floorboard
- Enhanced driver leg room
- Horizon Windscreen featuring power-adjust
- Adjustable passenger floorboards
- Standard – Quick release carpet-lined rear trunk, saddlebags
- Remote operating locking system
- Grips have 10 temperature settings
- 143 litres of weatherproof storage facility
- Can customise the bike with the variety of options
Engine, Gears and Performance
Indian Roadmaster powered by 1811 cc THUNDER STROKE® 111 engine. It can churns out 138.9 Nm @ 2600 rpm power and good torque on ride. Engine mated with 6 Speed gears transmission for smooth ride. This cruiser comes with Liquid Cooling engine. The bike gets Wet, Multi-plate clutch and makes 101 x 113 mm Bore x Stroke.
Dimensions and Features
The bike measures 140.00 mm ground Clearance, 1668.00 mm wheelbase and 20.80 litres fuel tank. It also features Digital fuel gauge and trip meter, Low Fuel, oil and battery Indicator etc. You gets Alloys, MF battery also from this bike. It also gets Stand Alarm, Self Start, Passenger Footrest, back rest, Step-up Seat and pass light.
- Thunder Black
- Indian Red
- Indian Red or Ivory Cream
Standard premium features
Indian Roadmaster offers High-resolution Anti-Lock Brakes and gets Chrome front and rear highway bars. There is also Tire pressure monitoring system and Keyless ignition with remote saddlebag and trunk locks. Triple power ports and Pathfinder LED Lighting throughout also included in Indian Roadmaster.
The cruiser packed with luxury options like Electronic cruise control, Advanced infotainment system offering communication, navigation, and telephone and Pandora integration etc. There is also Bluetooth capability for hands-free multi-device connectivity.
Suspension and Brakes
Suspension used is the Telescopic Fork front suspension and Single Shock rear suspension for safety and stability even at high speed. The cruiser offers Dual, Floating Rotor front brakes and Single, Floating Rotor rear brakes.
Full Technical Specifications
- 1811 cc THUNDER STROKE® 111 engine
- 138.9 Nm @ 2600 rpm power
- 6 Speed gears transmission
- Wet, Multi-plate clutch
- 101 x 113 mm Bore x Stroke
- Liquid Cooling engine
- 140.00 mm ground Clearance
- 1668.00 mm wheelbase
- 20.80 litres fuel tank
- Digital fuel gauge and trip meter
- Low Fuel, oil and battery Indicator
- Alloys, MF battery
- Telescopic Fork front suspension
- Single Shock rear suspension
- Dual, Floating Rotor front brakes
- Single, Floating Rotor rear brakes
- Stand Alarm, Self Start
- Passenger Footrest and back rest
- Step-up Seat and pass light
Indian Roadmaster Price in India: Rs. 36 Lakh Approx
Indian Scout is another latest launch from Indian. It is powered by 1130 cc V-twin, liquid-cooled engine. It can churns out 100 BHP @ 8100 rpm power and 97.7 NM @ 5900 rpm torque on ride. Engine mated with 6 Speed gears transmission and features Wet, Multi-plate clutch.