Honda PCX 125 Review
Honda PCX 125 is the upcoming Honda 125cc scooter in India. It may launch around 2015 and priced Rs. 85,000 approx. Honda India unveiled the PCX 125 scooter at the 2014 Auto Expo. This is the ever first premium scooter showcased by Honda.
Engine, Gears and Performance
It is powered by the 4-stroke 2-valve SOHC engine with 124.9cc engine displacement. The engine can churns out 11.53 BHP @ 8000 rpm power and 12 NM @ 6000 rpm torque on ride. Engine is mated with Automatic gears transmission. It makes 52.4 mm bore and 57.9 mm stroke on ride. Automatic, Centrifugal, Dry Type clutch and PGM-FI Electronic Fuel Injection are other features. It also gets Fully Transistorised Electric ignition.
Dimensions and Features
The Honda PCX 125 is high in built quality as it is made with Tubular steel under bone Chassis. It measures 135.00 mm Ground Clearance. The scooter have a 6.20 ltrs Fuel Tank. The vehicle also features 1305.00 mm wheelbase. 5-Spoke Cast Aluminium wheels used. Tire measures 90/90-14M/C (46P) front and 100/90-14M/C (57P) rear. 6.2 litres is the Petrol Tank Capacity.
- Honda’s patented enhanced Smart Power
- Smart navigation
- Theft proof system
- Engine with a start-stop system
Brakes and Suspension
For safety and stability it is equipped with 31mm telescopic fork suspension in front and at rear they have fitted Twin suspension aluminium swingarm suspension. The braking is good and the PCX 125 have 220 mm hydraulic disc brakes in front and 130 mm combined leading / trailing drum at rear.
Key Technical Specifications
- Single-Cylinder, Liquid Cooled, SOHC 4-Stroke 2-Valve engine
- 125.00 cc Engine Displacement
- Automatic, Centrifugal, Dry Type clutch
- 8.6kW/8,000rpm (95/1/EC) power
- 12Nm/6,000rpm (95/1/EC) torque
- 220mm Hydraulic Disc with Combined 3-Piston Caliper in front
- 130mm Combined Leading/Trailing Drum at rear
- 31mm Telescopic Fork, 100mm stroke front suspension
- Twin Suspension Aluminium Swingarm, 75mm Stroke rear suspension